After Christmas Day many homes in the UK seem to be over taken by toys. There are the new toys received for Christmas and all the old ones still found all over the home. If you want to claim back your home from the toys here are some ideas on what to do with the old ones.
- Gather up the old toys and take them to your local charity shops, spread out the toys to benefit as many charities as possible.
- Phone your local hospices and children’s hospitals and ask if they’re accepting donations.
- Sell the toys on eBay and use the money to help pay off the credit card or donate it to your favourite charity.
- Ask your local pre-schools and nursery schools if they would like any toys for the children.
- Ask your health visitor if they know of any organisations that may appreciate your old toys.
Always give the toys a clean and put them in their original boxes if you have them. Some organisations may not accept toys that don’t have the box or instructions. If you have many broken toys it’s probably better to take them to your local recycling centre.
If you’re an organisation or charity in the UK please leave a comment below or write on the Golden Bear Toys Facebook wall if you’d be happy to accept toys in great condition.
Share this post