The summer holidays are just a few weeks away. We’re hoping for lots of lovely warm sunshine, but it’s always a good idea to prepare for some rain. We know many of you will have some young ones preparing for their adventures in nursery, pre-school or primary school, so we want to help you have the best summer holiday ever! Here are a few ideas that you can use for any days you find yourself stuck for ideas.
- Kids love to get messy and they love to be helpful, which means baking in the kitchen is always a good idea!
- If you don’t fancy baking how about making your own homemade playdough. Find the recipe here.
- Gather up all the cardboard from the recycling and have a craft day. Make a rocket ship, a garage, a castle or even a fort!
- Visit the nearest pond to feed the ducks, see how many fish you can count and practice skimming stones across the water.
- Make a construction site in the sandpit; My First JCB toys are perfect for this activity!
- Put on a show for the family using toys and your imagination. If your child struggles for ideas you could use a book or a favourite episode of a children’s TV show.
- Go for a train ride, visit a new area and see what you can discover.
- When the sun’s out, pack up a blanket, make some sandwiches and head out for a picnic.
- Take the whole family Geocaching; it’s a great way to spend a few hours in the great outdoors.
- Make a den, inside or outside, either way is great!
- Enter our monthly competition and you could win some fun goodies to see you through the summer and beyond!
- Make some musical instruments and MAKE SOME NOISE!
- Head to the library. Many local libraries hold summer activities and story hours for children. Contact your local library for more information.
- Do some gardening. Visit the local garden centre and encourage your child to pick out a few of their favourite plants for the garden. Don’t forget to visit the aquarium and aviaries while you’re there.
- Clear out the toy box; donate old toys to charity or local hospitals and hospices.
Do you have any ideas to share? Leave your ideas on our official Golden Bear Toys Facebook page.
Share this post