The Hey Duggee Squirrel Club playset is here and proving to be popular, not only with the squirrels but with fans of the hit CBeebies show too. The playset is a whole lot of fun and helps to spark the imagination and is the ideal toy to encourage pretend play.
Pretend play is important as it helps to develop skills, such as:
- Social and emotional skills are learned as they pretend and use the imagination. They are seeing the world from their own point of view but with pretend and cooperative play the child is learning about the emotions of others.
- Language skills are learned, often through imitating the words and phrases that they have overheard around them. Pretend play also helps to teach words as the child acts out stories and plays or television shows such as Hey Duggee.
- Problem solving is another skill that is developed with pretend play as they meet with different problems that cause them to think and consider. Your child is using cognitive skills while they decide who should play what part, how to set out the play area and so on.
There are lots of ways you can help to nurture imagination; here are a few toys designed to help your pre-school child explore the world of pretend play:
- Soft toys and dolls or action figures and figurines
- Crayons and paper for leaving notes, taking a register, making lists and more.
- Train or bus tickets and shop receipts for pretend holidays and playing shop.
- Dressing up clothes and accessories.
The Hey Duggee Squirrel Club House playset is a great addition to any toy box or play room. It comes with a toy box, chest, table, work desk and easel, along with a figurine of Duggee himself. Your children can recreate their favourite stories from the show and make up their own stories enjoying a lot of fun while stretching their imaginations. This is one of the toys available in the official Hey Duggee toy range and it’s suitable for children aged 3years and over.
Watch the video and see the fun that is waiting to be had in your home!
Share this post