Many parents have experienced that moment when children open their presents only to be more interested in the box than the carefully thought out toy inside! Of course the novelty wears off and the toy becomes a firm favourite, but it goes to show that for instant pleasure a cardboard box can be just enough. We have some ideas on what you can do with a few cardboard boxes, some sticky tape and a little imagination.
- A cooker complete with plenty of ingredients to cook with. Food packaging is perfect for this and can be put to good use before being sent to the recycling bin.
- A bed for toys, family pet or B1 and B2 from the Bananas in Pyjamas.
- A playhouse; use multiple boxes for a large house full of different rooms and even a Closet for Chloe and Carrot.
- A marble run
- A garage for your Go MINI CREWzers.
- A construction site for Talking Dan Dozer and all his friends.
- A castle and magical wonderland for Ben and Holly.
Pinterest has lots of amazing ideas of what can be achieved with some cardboard, imagination and some creativity. Here are some of the favourite images we have found that show what’s possible:
Via Becky Drenth
Via Carrie Fairbairn
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: 12m+ toys, 3+ toys, activities, activities for children, Bananas in Pyjamas, Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom, Chloe's Closet, GB Toys, Go Mini, Golden Bear, My 1st JCB