Staying in with the kids on New Year’s Eve? Many parents give up their old party days and enjoy seeing in the New Year at home, sometimes even asleep way before midnight! Today, we’re sharing 7 ideas to help you and your children to say goodbye to 2016 and welcome in 2017 in style.
- Nibbles for tea! Party food is always a great way of celebrating, it also stops you having to spend hours preparing dinner and washing up. Get the children involved and fill up your dishes and plates with hand foods that are easy to eat and nibble on throughout the afternoon and evening.
- Make some party decorations. Kids love to be crafty and it’s a great way of passing the time together. Cover the table with lots of scrap paper and cardboard, crayons, glitter and anything else you can find hiding in your craft box. Sit down and make some decorations, party hats and a sign to welcome in the New Year.
- Dressing up. Who doesn’t love an excuse to dress up? Let your toddler pick their special clothes, it could be a nice new outfit they received for Christmas or their favourite fancy dress outfit. Don’t forget to dress up too! Throw on your party clothes and make a night of it!
- Gather the children and talk about your favourite days of the year gone by. Make a note of their achievements and development over the year as it makes a lovely keepsake to treasure in the years to come. It’s also the perfect time to take hand and feet prints for your memory box too.
- Take some photos with the home all decorated and everyone dressed up.
- Play some music and have a dance. You might want to have a home disco early on as children can easily become overtired. Sing, dance and have some fun!
- See in the New Year. You don’t have to stay up or keep the children up until the clock strikes 12. Pretend it’s midnight before you put the children to bed. It’s always fun to watch the firework displays in London or overseas, and there are plenty of videos to watch on YouTube.
We hope you all have a wonderful 2017 and enjoy seeing in the New Year with your family. Here’s to a fantastic 2017!
Share this post