Toddlers are able to learn by doing, repetition and plenty of practice. Playing is the perfect way to allow your child pick up vital skills in all areas of life from social skills to fine motor skills. With so many toys out there on the market you may be tempted to buy everything and everything which is not only expensive it can lead to storage problems in the home. We have a few tips for you to help you buy the right toys and make sure every purchase counts.
- Look for toys that grow with your child so they will not get quickly bored. Playsets and figurines are ideal as they can be used in multiple ways and used in imagination play. Other toys that will last and provide plenty of playing opportunities include vehicles such as dump trucks, trains and soft toys.
- Problem solving toys are good as they teach skills and promote repetition and exploration play. Puzzles, games, play dough and shape sorters are great problem solving toys that help to develop fine motor skills.
- Grown up toys that are based on everyday items are great as children love to pretend to be adults. Look for toys that are replicas of items in the home from telephones to vacuum cleaners.
- Encourage reading at the earliest age, look for toys with letters on as well as finger paints, crayons and books. Encourage your child to look at words frequently.
- Active play helps toddlers to learn about their bodies and what they are able to achieve. Look for balls, scooters, tricycles, pull toys and trampolines.
We have a wide range of toys at the Golden Bear Toys online store. We hope the suggestions above will help you to find the right toy for your toddler.
Share this post