We have a Bank Holiday coming up this Monday, the perfect time to gather all the family together and go to explore somewhere new. If you need some inspiration we have gathered some fun events that your children will love and you should have a great time too!
- Budding scientist will certainly have a great day at the Science Museum located in South Kensington, London. Entrance is free and there are loads of events planned for Monday including Deep Sea 3D, Ice Cool Adventure Storytelling and the chance to make your own 3D glasses. There are activities for all ages including adults and teens so it’s a great day out for the whole family.
- Brancaster Millennium Activity Centre is open from 11.55 am until 1.15pm so set get there early to build your very own raft to float on the harbour. This is a day aimed at children aged between 8 to 14 and it costs £6.60 per child. Your child can borrow a wetsuit, spray top and a buoyancy aid and they need to be up for getting wet! You must book a place by calling 0844 249 1895. Enjoy watching the fun with a picnic in the car.
- Notting Hill Carnival runs on to Bank Holiday Monday which is certainly a fun day out. With so much to see and a party atmosphere it could be the perfect chance for the family to let down their hair and have a dance in the streets.
- Exploring beaches is always fun, even if the heavens open and the rain begins to pour from the skies. Rockpooling is a brilliant way to spend a bank holiday and everyone can take part. There are all sorts of fascinating creatures waiting to be discovered. Some great beaches ideal for rockpooling are:
- Woolacombe Beach in Devon
- Wembury in Devon
- Robin Hood’s Bay in Yorkshire
- Stackpole in Pembrokeshire
- Golden Cap in Dorset
So now you have some ideas prepare a lovely picnic, throw some pillows in the car and don’t forget to bring Woolly along for the adventure too!
Share this post