Why join our family?
Golden Bear is a family business in all respects; with its original founders at the helm, it is also where different generations from the same families work alongside one another.
Employing over 50 team members, we appreciate incredible staff loyalty – 44% of our team have worked here for 10 years or more. Our team is our best asset and mirror the quality of our toys.
We are committed to providing a realistic balance between work and life which will enable our team members to manage their ever-busy personal lives with their careers at Golden Bear. We have a flexible working initiative in place which gives our team more flexibility around their start and finish times to accommodate commuting, family life and their social lives.
Golden Bear is an equal opportunities employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing the very best people to build an inclusive, diverse and talented team. We recognise that every individual’s unique background, experience and ability contributes to our future success.
We’re not just a team, we’re a family.
If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments in order to apply for a vacancy at Golden Bear, please contact us where one of the team will be able to help.
Apply/Find current Golden Bear Vacancies below
Click on the desired job title to learn more and apply...
Reporting to Financial Controller
Full time (35 hours per week)
12 Months Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
We are excited to be advertising for the role of Purchase Ledger Clerk on a 12-month fixed term contract, covering maternity leave and will be based at our office in Telford with the possibility of some home-working. This role will report into the Financial Controller.
You will accurately process and maintain purchase ledger records and information, ensuring creditors are controlled and paid in a timely manner. You will contribute to assisting the delivery of timely, quality information for and on behalf of the Finance team.
Working closely with the Financial Controller, the role is accountable for:
- Purchase ledger – responsible for the whole process, from coding invoices through to payment runs.
- Prepare the balance sheet and profit and loss reconciliations
- Maintaining monthly Aged Creditors report.
- Petty cash – responsible for issuing petty cash including posting transactions and monthly reconciliations
- Managing expense claims
- Cash books – posting payments plus reconciliation of bank accounts for 4 accounts (current account, USD, HKD and Euros)
- Foreign trips – arrange for currency and mobiles for overseas travel
- Purchase orders – raising orders for non-stock items
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Financial Team as required
What we expect from you
- 2+ years purchase ledger experience, with strong Excel skills
- You will have the enthusiasm and drive to achieve at pace
- You are curious in nature and comfortable to challenge the efficiency of a process
- You possess clear understanding of the importance of transparent communication and the giving and receiving of feedback
- You are a reliable team player with a natural collaborative approach to all tasks
- You will be solution-focused and possess the ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and keep calm under pressure, ensuring accuracy using your excellent attention to detail
- You understand the importance of adhering to deadlines
- You possess a positive, can-do attitude and have an appetite to learn new skills.
If you feel this role looks right for you and you feel you can contribute significantly to our growth plans and want to join our team, it is time to get your application started. Please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role, also detailing your salary requirements to email@example.com by no later than Monday 20 June 2022
We're looking for a creative individual from a social media or website content/admin background that thrives under pressure, a quick learner with bags of initiative and a keen eye for detail. The successful individual will strongly align with our brand and will be someone who can deliver high quality work within a fast-paced studio and web admin environment.
You’ll be based out of our Telford office and manage our in-house photo studio, producing innovative and authentic imagery and videos that promote not only our products, but also tell our story. It's a varied role, so we need you to have experience in both photography and videography. You'll be part of our dynamic team, consisting of marketeers, brand managers, designers, and product developers and therefore you will need strong communication and organisational skills as you get involved in producing great visual communication for many areas of the business.
You’ll be responsible for the image/video process from capture to display, including retouch and video editing and uploading to websites and partner retailer sites. You will need a good creative focus on what makes quality content, sound, and lighting - both moving and still image – and experience within an administration environment (web or marketing admin preferred). You’ll also schedule and manage shoots, both in our in-house studio and on location (if required). Additional to this, you’ll work alongside our Digital Marketing Coordinator to schedule in organic social media posts, which requires a flair for writing engaging copy, and you will also help to maintain our website and virtual sales tool.
If you’d like to join our innovative and ever-evolving Creative team to help build the look and feel of our brand through creative, engaging, innovative photography and videos in our new studio, then this could be the ideal job for you.
- Producing fantastic product photography and video to the highest standard for use on websites, social media, packaging, and exhibitions
- Planning and shooting all product images from creative briefs and working to brand guidelines.
- Producing creative videos from concept and storyboard to editing the final piece.
- Liaise and collaborate with external creative agencies to organise models, actors, production companies etc.
- Planning and executing lifestyle shoots onsite and offsite with children. Communicating with the children to put them at ease, directing and encouraging them.
- Using Adobe photo editing and manipulation software to produce desired results.
- Edit and process your photography/videos consistently in an organised manner, demonstrating creative skills with Photoshop and Premier Pro, or other editing software.
- Taking responsibility for the organisation of the photography studio, props and all product samples before, during and after all shoots.
- After shoots, filing and organising samples into storage or returning to the relevant team.
- Organising photography for a wide range of products utilising strong communication skills, Excel, Outlook and Trello
- Planning and scheduling organic social media content with Hootsuite
- Writing blogs and social media copy
- Helping to maintain the company website and virtual sales tool
- Uploading assets to retailers and ensuring best assets are used on partner retailer sites
- A degree or similar qualification in a photography/videography related subject is essential for this role or an equivalent portfolio
- It is essential that you have experience in lifestyle photography and videography. Studio experience with flash lighting and previous product photography would be advantageous.
- Expert lighting, set up and composition skills
- It is essential that you have experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Premier Pro etc) and that you have the ability to edit photos and videos at a fast pace and high standard
- It is essential that you have experience working in an administrative role and are comfortable working with Excel and Outlook
- It is desirable that the administrative experience should be in marketing or website administration
- It is desirable that you have some experience planning organic social media content
- You should be independent with a positive, can-do attitude and comfortable acting as an agent for change to support the company’s continuous improvement initiatives.
- You will be a proactive problem solver, with an excellent eye for detail and will be enthusiastic with an exceptionally creative and innovative flair.
- You will have great communication skills and enjoy contributing to a wider creative team.
- You are resilient, adaptable, and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and manage your time effectively to hit deadlines.
- You are outgoing and have a natural collaborative approach to all tasks, with all colleagues with the ability to build and maintain working relationships – a One Family approach
- The ability to role model our company values and use them to guide behaviours
- An understanding of Canva and Trello is desirable, but not essential.
If you feel this role looks right for you, we'd love to hear about you, your ambitions and what skills and experience you can bring to Golden Bear.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role, also detailing your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Monday 29 August 2022.
If you have a portfolio of photography/videography work, please include this in your application.