Why join our family?
Golden Bear is a family business in all respects; with its original founders at the helm, it is also where different generations from the same families work alongside one another.
Employing over 50 team members, we appreciate incredible staff loyalty – 44% of our team have worked here for 10 years or more. Our team is our best asset and mirror the quality of our toys.
We are committed to providing a realistic balance between work and life which will enable our team members to manage their ever-busy personal lives with their careers at Golden Bear. We have a flexible working initiative in place which gives our team more flexibility around their start and finish times to accommodate commuting, family life and their social lives.
Golden Bear is an equal opportunities employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing the very best people to build an inclusive, diverse and talented team. We recognise that every individual’s unique background, experience and ability contributes to our future success.
We’re not just a team, we’re a family.
If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments in order to apply for a vacancy at Golden Bear, please contact us where one of the team will be able to help.
ApplyFind current Golden Bear Vacancies below
Click on the desired job title to learn more and apply...
Reporting to Graphic Design Manager
Up to £20k plus benefits
Full time and permanent (35 hours per week)
We are excited to be advertising for the role of a Junior Graphic Designer to be based from our office in Telford with the possibility of some home-working. This role will report into the Graphic Design Manager.
The Junior Graphic Designer is responsible for the creation of fun, innovative artwork, packaging, style guides, and presentations, to shape the visual presence of our brands for the digital and physical marketplace. Working in collaboration with the Brand and Product Managers, you will be creating inspiring concepts for best-in-class digital merchandising, e-commerce, retail appearances, display ideas and exciting engagement experiences.
- Actively generate new opportunities to enhance the brand
- Create and develop new brand identify for new product ranges
- Design industry-leading, new and innovative packaging for our own brands and licenced brands, closely following style guides and brand guidelines.
- Seek the best commercial solutions to maximise packaging impact
- Research and propose best solutions for sustainable packaging
- Execute both character designs and graphic designs
- Maintain an acute awareness of new trends in graphics, promotions, packaging, point-of-sale, and entertainment-based customer engagement and apply to your own creative ideas
- Possess a passion for new ideas and the persistence needed to bring them to life
- Work quickly but competently to create clean, modern graphic design works as well as participate in creative brainstorms, sharing new ideas and concepts
- Share best practices and impart knowledge with other Graphic Designers within the team
- Think creatively and conceptualize ground-breaking ideas that deliver unique experiences at retail and events.
- Create best in class advertising for use in both digital and print
- When required, work with outside vendors on illustrations, merchandising guides and graphic development.
- Partner with Creative Manager to help build presentations, understand objectives and align priorities.
- Creation of industry-leading exhibition graphics
- Adherence to, and completion of necessary internal e-learning modules/training
- The ability to role model our company values and use them to guide behaviours
- It is essential you have at least two years experience in design and photo-editing software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- You possess a strong understanding of typography, layout, and graphic design
- You have good knowledge of the printing process
- You are curious in nature and keep up to date with the latest trends effecting the commercial environment.
- You will have the enthusiasm and drive, coupled with an exceptionally creative and innovative flair.
- You possess clear understanding of the importance of transparent communication and the giving and receiving of feedback and possess a natural desire to demonstrate and encourage this where appropriate
- You will act as an agent for change, supporting the company’s continuous improvement initiatives.
- You have a natural collaborative approach to all tasks, with all colleagues – a One Family approach
- You possess the ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and keep calm under pressure, ensuring accuracy using your excellent attention to detail
- You understand the importance of adhering to deadlines and costs
- You naturally lead from the front with a positive, can-do attitude.
If you feel this role looks right for you and you feel you can contribute significantly to our growth plans and want to join our team, it is time to get your application started. Please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role, also detailing your salary requirements to email@example.com by no later than Friday 5 November 2021.
Full-time and permanent (35 hours per week)
We are excited to be advertising for the role of International Account Manager, reporting into the Head of International Sales. The company has a flexible working culture and therefore a mixture of home and office working is to be expected.
You will be responsible for expanding Golden Bear’s international business within the EMEA region. You will work closely with the Head of International Sales to enter EMEA markets through the promotion of our products to retailer and distribution partners. You will work closely with distributors managing a distributor network whilst developing and delivering strategic plans targeted at increasing global sales. You will set targets for each distributor specific to their own country or region, and constantly manage the company/distributor relationship.
- Nurture and grow existing relationships with distribution partners so they are consistently and efficiently updated regarding new brands and products, with a view to long term commercial growth.
- Work closely with in-house creative and product teams to feedback customer comments to improve product offering.
- Use knowledge of marketplace and competitors to develop best possible selling proposition for each key territory.
- Collaborate with Head of International Sales to set budget and deliver required profitability for designated region.
- Manage budgets for your accounts and update monthly forecasting in line with orders/shipping plans and sell through. Achieve and exceed monthly and annual sales budgets for designated region.
- Analyse and report on how current business is tracking vs the forecast, proactively call out opportunities and risks and next steps.
- Identify new business development opportunities in line with company’s growth aspirations.
- Work closely with key Licensors to keep them informed of territory plans and manage detail for quarterly updates.
- Manage customer pricing in line with margin targets.
- Attend major International Trade Fairs, presenting new products to all markets. Source and build relationships with new partners and key retailers.
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager to ensure knowledge of all marketing activities and promotions for Golden Bear products.
- Adherence to, and completion of necessary company training though our e-learning platform.
- It is essential you have knowledge and experience of working in International markets, with particular focus on Europe.
- It is essential you have previous experience of working a distribution model.
- You have a passion for industry and product with an appetite for excellence, and the drive/determination to consistently deliver against KPIs. A toy background would be advantageous but is not essential.
- You will possess a clear understanding of marketplace dynamics – competitors, pricing and products. You keep up to date on competitor information and global market trends, identifying business opportunities.
- You will have an ability to analyse data and recognise patterns. You are comfortable making rational judgements from the information and analysis available.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial attitude with track record of hitting and exceeding targets.
- Prepared to travel Internationally e.g. trade shows.
- You will be an excellent communicator with honest, positive and friendly approach. You are able to express opinions, information and key points clearly and respectfully, taking care to manage your impression on others.
- You will role model our company values and use them to guide personal behaviours, helping to create a workplace culture that is consistent with the company’s founding principles.
- You establish good working relationships with customers and colleagues, relating well to people of all seniority. Your approach towards colleagues is collaborative – a one team mentality.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to accurately read your audience.
- Good computer skills on PC.
If you feel this role looks right for you and you feel you can contribute significantly to our growth plans and want to join our team, it is time to get your application started. Please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter stating why you feel you are suitable for the role, also detailing your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 5 November 2021.