World Environment Day is the United Nations Day for increasing worldwide awareness about sustainability and the fight against global warming. This year, World Environment Day is focusing on #BeatPlasticPollution in efforts to continue combatting single use plastics.
World Environment Day 2022 is a reminder that people’s actions on plastic pollution can make a huge contribution to transitioning to a circular economy. The United Nations Environment Programme website provides lots of tips and tricks on how to do your part in helping the environment. You can find lots of ideas here: https://www.unep.org/interactives/beat-plastic-pollution/
At Golden Bear, we are passionate about protecting our planet and we have done a lot behind the scenes to become as sustainable as possible. So much so, that we are well on our way to achieving Net Zero emissions!
PLAY TODAY and PROTECT TOMORROW…
Below is a list of some of the things that Golden Bear have done to take huge steps in reducing our carbon footprint and improving our sustainability:
- All of the stuffing used in our soft toys is made from recycled PET bottles. Over the past few years, this equates to well over 10m plastic bottles or 300 tonnes of plastic recycled.
- We have solar panels on the roof of the UK Headquarters and have installed LED lights around the building.
- We are actively exploring ways to reduce using a mix of ABS, PP, and PVC in our plastic product to enable improved recyclability at the end of life.
- We are conducting an ongoing process to remove as much excess packing material as possible.
- In 2020, we removed all plastic ties used in our plush packaging. This equates to over 3m pieces of small plastic removed as we are now using cardboard ties that are recyclable.
- Golden Bear UK operates as a zero to landfill site.
- Golden Bear are proud members of the 'Products of Change' group.
- We supported over 30 charities in 2022, many of which have been via toy donations.
- On-Pack Recycling Logo's (OPRL) are included on all of our product packaging to help consumers recycle waste packaging material correctly.
- All electronic lines launched since 2021 are replaceable - rather that non-replaceable - batteries.
Our mission is to continue in our efforts towards a more sustainable future, as well as inspire others to make positive changes in their own lives. Join in on the fun and let’s all do our bit to combat global warming and achieve Net Zero emissions!